Had to start with a #Hamilton quote. Because, Hamilton.
If you’ve been avoiding listening because (1) you haven’t seen it (I haven’t either) or (2) you don’t want to seem “trendy” then you are seriously missing out. Especially if you are a former history or political science major, the music will make your life.
It’s the ONLY musical/music that my husband, my mom, my aunt, myself, and my dad can ALL agree on. Now when does that ever happen?
And if you have Amazon Prime, you can stream the cd, so you don’t even have to buy it. No excuses. Listen to it today.
Annnnyways, now that I have given my #Hamilfan public service announcement, let’s check in on where I am in my challenge journey:
STILL WORKING ON
- My challenge for you is to do 5 minutes of planks a day in some combination of straight arm, forearm, all fours and side planks. – KQ [Restarted 7-1-17]
- Attend yoga classes for a month. Being consistent with your practice. Feel the difference. Post postures in your FB feed – PL [Restarted 7-1-17]
Haven’t done these (though, in my defense, yoga classes last week were all kinds of messed up because of the holiday), but I have already booked classes for the coming week, so there are no excuses for me not to go.
- Get up earlier and use that time to focus on something you love – DBQ [Restarted 7-1-17]
- Be physically active – AM [Restarted 7-1-17]
This one I did do! I got up a few mornings this week (minus the day it was raining) and went for a walk with my pup while listening to the S-town podcast. Something I have been wanting to do for awhile was listen to the most-talked-about podcasts and catch up on some of the amazing podcasts that I used to listen to back when I had to drive from Alabama to North Carolina. Since my drive to work is now 15 minutes tops, it doesn’t leave much room for podcasting. That’s when it came to me that I could combine getting in shape with listening to these podcasts! One of my coworkers had been raving about S-town and I had put it off because I never had the time. However, I finally took the dive, and it was well worth the rave reviews! If you haven’t had a chance to check it out, I highly recommend it. I also plan on continuing this trend on the days I don’t go to yoga.
- Do one nice thing for yourself every week 🙂self care, yo! – AK [Restarted 7-1-17]
- Relax and spend some quality time with yourself at least one hour every week – JCT [Restarted 7-1-17]
Today is actually my Self Care Sunday! I did a mind map last week and realized how much I was missing being able to be creative via painting, sewing, or DIY projects. That’s why I decided to make Sunday’s my Self Care days so I can go back into each week feeling relaxed and refreshed.
- Learning to meditate (even if you decide not to keep it as a practice) might be an interesting one. – KI-S [Restarted 7-1-17]
Still need to work on this one! But there will be a renewed focus on this during the upcoming week with yoga.
- Strengthen relationships formed throughout your life. – KBH [Restarted 7-1-17]
- Send a card to someone (as many different someones) every day. – MA [Restarted 7-1-17]
Spent about 20 minutes on Friday this past week writing some cards to family and friends just checking in and saying hi. It only took a short amount of time, but I realized how much I missed doing it and plan to continue doing it from here on out.
- Read all of the books I own – Me
Read some awesome books this week (and one dud). Be sure to check out the Bitchin Books section of this site. You can see my ratings and which books I loved or hated, and why.
Let me know how your week went, what you’re challenging yourself to do, and how life is treating you in the comments! I look forward to hearing about it!